My client a fast growing recognised FMCG organisation located in Warrington are looking to recruit a Procurement Category Manager. This position will reporting directly to the Head of Procurement and will manage the ingredients and raw materials portfolio of the business around £20m across all factories located in the UK, Ireland and France.
- Develop, validate, communicate and implement a Category Specific Sourcing Strategy that delivers a competitive advantage to the business and ensures sustainable & compliant supply
- Define an appropriate supplier list for the spend category selected and develop an implementation plan. Approve new suppliers, challenge existing.
- Identify and implement cost savings initiatives analysing the Total Cost of Ownership
- Identify and implement cash flow improvement initiatives
- Support the innovation/ renovation projects as the Raw materials and ingredient expert
- Ensure that all the key suppliers within the spend category in charge are compliant to the company policy
- Ensure knowledge sharing across manufacturing procurement departments to safeguard processes and wherever possible make cost savings and efficiencies.
- Establish, monitor and review supplier SLA's on a monthly basis.
Measurements /performance indicators
- Strategy presented, agreed and signed off by the business for each sub category
- Minimum cost savings of 3% plus YOY
- Supplier performance
- Supplier innovation projects
If you crave the freedom to make a real impact in your role and would like to work for a fast growing, successful, multi-faceted, independent company with world-class manufacturing facilities, please send an up to date CV to for immediate consideration.
Capita Professional Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Professional Recruitment is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job