We have a brand new Category Manager role available that offers genuine end to end ownership including category planning, sourcing and supplier management. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to further develop a career in Procurement.
Part of the newly formed Group Procurement Team - covering HR, Recruitment, Marketing, Professional Services, IT, Facilities and Travel - as Category Specialist you will be accountable for a subset of indirect products and services across the RM plc Group, a growing, profitable FTSE listed business. RM's group of businesses creates and maintains an extensive range of innovative solutions and services - all designed or selected to meet the specific needs of educational users. As a group, we're here to improve the lives of educational users from early years all the way through to professionals, whether it's through technology for schools or exam boards, or the educational resources you could find in a primary school.
As Category Manager you will become the expert in delivering a category supply network that is robust, flexible, high quality, cost effective, and capable of building RM's competitive advantage. We are seeking people who can use information and analysis to solve business problems, sell change and deliver on stakeholder requirements.
Why consider this role?
- Direct influencing and engagement at a leadership level (MD, Divisional leadership teams etc)
- Brand new team so you can mould the approach, priorities and aspirations of the role and function
- One step removed from the CFO of a £200m PLC business
- Fully funded CIPS studies including time off for study leave and exams; fast track encouraged
- Small, agile team keen to foster entrepreneurial ideas and embed proactive sales-like capability
- Each team member will have a complex set of stakeholders to manage and engage with.
- Analyse category performance against procurement good practice
- Gather information about stakeholder supply network requirements to then sell the value of good procurement in supporting them
- Produce short and medium term category plans that consider current state, functional and strategic RM objectives, procurement objectives, and best practice activity
- Lead sourcing projects including requirements gathering, writing tenders from templates, project and stakeholder management, negotiation, and options analysis
- Deliver on key Procurement KPIs (savings, supplier rationalisation, compliance, SRM, invoices)
- Become an expert in each category, with detailed market knowledge that identifies opportunities for the supply network to support the strategic direction of RM
- Implement a templated Supplier Relationship Management programme in key areas
- Manage contract performance of key suppliers
Skills & experience
- Professional working experience in a relevant role (Procurement, Sales, HR or Marketing)
- Sales competencies - not necessarily in a sales role
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to articulate themselves clearly and concisely
- High levels of self-motivation, drive and tenacity
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong active listening and influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of building and managing relationships
- Experience in a category management role e.g. end to end sourcing and/or supplier management for a specific category of spend
- Industry experience of using Excel (vlookups and pivot tables)
- Maths or Economics qualifications - A-levels or higher
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job