My client in the South Wales area are looking for an experienced Procurement Category Manager. You will be comfortable making judgements based on recent history and forecasted variances in order to strike the balance between availability & waste you will need to monitor and generate category reports and highlight/escalate to where necessary.
- Implement category strategies to optimise business efficiency in line with overall Procurement Strategy
- Perform category management including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract, performance and risk management.
- Perform procurement reporting and analysis of management information to identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Identify innovative procurement solutions that provide cashable savings and process efficiencies for the organisation.
- Address vendor issues to ensure the highest level of service delivery.
- Maintain contractual and business relationships with vendors.
- Facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within category to improve business performance.
- Build strong relationship with customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Plan and execute effective negotiation processes with vendors.
- Report on KPIs as defined by management, but likely to include weekly measures for stock vs target, SKU availability, Excess/obsolete stock, supplier delivery performance, etc.
- You will be expected to work closely with the Quality and Production team to ensure that all products are delivered to standard and not compromising the integrity of the brand.
- Prepare forecast and inventories
- Ensure compliance in all areas of procurement activity
- Proactively work and build effective key stakeholder and cross functional relationships is essential along with excellent commercial and negotiation skills
- Experience of developing and implementing forecasting methods and tools will support your application further.
- Relative job experience within a manufacturing environment using SAP software.
- Having gained a CIPS or CILT qualification will also be advantageous in your application.
Type of person
A procurement professional with a proven track record of delivering efficiencies, savings and other value-added benefits in the private sector. You will provide support in all commercial, procurement, tendering and contract management activities.
You will have commenced or willing to undertake CIPS training with equivalent experience, ideally within a Manufacturing sector procurement organisation, have a high level of stakeholder engagement expertise and will be used to working on multiple projects. You will also have excellent project management and IT skills, In addition, you will have strong influencing skills to work with supplier base and key stakeholders.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and stakeholder engagement competencies, and will have the ability to work alongside other Procurement Category Managers and achieve overall departmental goals
- Drive for results and quality oriented
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to deal with complexity
- Pro-active, persuasive and flexible attitude
For more information on this role please call us on