I'm excited to be working on a very unique opportunity with an iconic British food manufacturer who have bold plans to transform their purchasing and supply chain department from a 'start-up' feel to a best-in-class procurement function. For this role I am looking to speak with procurement candidates that have experience in transformation and managing cross-functional cost-reduction programmes in a food-manufacturing environment, and whose procurement expertise is in Packaging (with a little bit of Indirect thrown in for good measure).
In this role you will be representing a number of heritage British brands and have the backing of a global parent company, and will be tasked with supporting the Head of Purchasing to build a robust procurement framework and a 'way' of doing procurement that is unique to the business but also respected in the market.
From an operational perspective you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of Packaging and Indirects across 2 sites, c. £30-40m spend and targeted on Cost and Quality.
As a successful candidate you won't be joining a BAU procurement function so you must be comfortable working in smaller environments, have an exceptionally strong growth mind-set and bring a balance of high energy and experience to the role. This role is a great opportunity to develop both personally and professionally.
The extra bits & pieces….
- Must have a min. 5 years' procurement experience in Packaging. Exposure to ingredients and indirect spend is a bonus!
- Experience in the Food-manufacturing sector, or similarly FMCG/Pharma to understand the complexities of manufacturing and the UK/EU supply base
- Previous involvement in procurement transformation, comfortable leading cross-functional projects and a superstar stakeholder manager
- Degree and MCIPS qualified, people management experience
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK- unfortunately my client cannot sponsor!
I'm looking to shortlist for this role ASAP with the view to hold first stage interviews in March WK1, so if you're interested in finding out more please get in touch!
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.
- Food Manufacturing
- Strategic Sourcing