Procurement / Buying Assistant
Our client is looking for a Procurement / Buying assistant to join a small but busy team in Blackwood Area.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for cost reduction and supply chain improvement projects. The right candidate requires commercial awareness, attention to detail and the ability to understand technical concepts
- Manage projects efficiently to deliver the agreed benefits within the time allotted
- Working on several projects simultaneously
- Analysis of requirements in terms of component specification, purchase volumes and cost
- Preparation of tender documents and the analysis of supplier proposals
- Communicating progress both within the Procurement team and to external contacts
- Assessing potential supplier capabilities in term of capacity, competence and culture
- Routinely re-evaluate existing critical suppliers
Skills & Experience:
- Able to work independently
- Commercially aware and able to grasp technical concepts
- Confident to negotiate and persuade
- Strong relationship building skills with suppliers and other departments
- Comfortable in handling large sets of data using formulae, pivot tables, charts etc.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel (Intermediate level)
- Experience of Microsoft Access advantageous
- Positive and determined outlook with the ability to problem solve
- Must have the ability to plan and communicate effectively
Company offer excellent working environment, career progression and the chance to work in a fast-growing business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"