Here at the Coal Authority, we have a fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Procurement Business Partner. You will join us on a part-time, permanent basis working 2 days per week and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £31,044 - £43,220 per annum (FTE).
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with. We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping people and the environment safe from mine water pollution.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values. We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work-life balance is incredibly important. There are a number of benefits that you’ll access being a part of our inclusive team including flexi-time, 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi-time), civil service pension scheme, gym membership contribution, and professional membership.
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours. Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
About the role:
As our Procurement Business Partner, you will provide a comprehensive, business-focused procurement and commercial service, ensuring that best value for money is achieved.
Responsibilities of our Procurement Business Partner:
- Acting as a Procurement Expert and Advisor for the business
- Leading multi-disciplined teams to deliver effective contracts and designing new commercial arrangements, taking into consideration business requirements and risks
- Managing the negotiation, planning and placing of contracts
- Participating in an evolution strategy for Procurement, delivering increased benefits by working with colleagues, staff, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Effectively managing suppliers and contracts to sustain value throughout the life of contracts
- Implementing Category Management principles where appropriate
- Engaging appropriate internal and external stakeholders to gain information and insight to support the development of strategic procurement
- Developing a Supplier Relationship Management strategy to facilitate improved performance and increased market knowledge
- Ensuring compliance with European and UK legislation, Government and Coal Authority policy
- Ensuring that appropriate and correct commercial contract documentation and conditions of contracts are applied to protect the Authority
- Being responsible for procedures to obtain procurement approvals and authorisations to ensure expenditure is well directed and in accordance with policies
- Providing and delivering training on procurement procedures and policies
- Producing management information and reports
What we’re looking for in ourProcurement Business Partner:
- Professionally qualified or working towards Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply or International Association or Contract and Commercial Management
- Relevant post qualification experience
- Knowledge of Procurement best practice, UK and EU legislation
- Experience of working with multi-functional teams to develop and deliver requirements, sourcing and procurement strategies
- Experience of supply chain analysis
- Experience of Supplier Relationship and Contract Management
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Customer/client management skills
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as our Procurement Business Partner then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you.
Closing date: Monday 19th April 2021
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'