Our client, a central government body based in Warwickshire, is currently recruiting for a Procurement Business Partner on a full time permanent contract.
The main purpose of the role will be to manage and deliver successful procurement exercises across a range of category areas and build effective relationships with business areas, collaborative partners and suppliers.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Analyse supplier data and information, completing spend analysis for use in formulating procurement strategies and for contract monitoring purposes.
- Work with Procurement Manager, business leads, project managers and stakeholders to gain understanding of their requirements for tenders and contracts.
- Produce tender/quotation documents including advice on, and support to stakeholders in the development of user specifications and programme/project managers in the development of programme & project timetables.
- Select appropriate procurement route and assessment criteria to deliver effective, value for money contracts.
- Carry out procurement activity including tender exercises, framework competitions and quotations.
- Provide advice and guidance to contract managers/users to support effective contract implementation and delivery, including negotiating and drawing up contract documents as required.
- Lead contract review meetings with suppliers and act as referral point for issues requiring resolution by use of contractual remedies.
- Participate in collaborative groups for specific categories of spend or tenders as required by business area.
- Manage and develop operational relationships with key suppliers to maximise value to the business
- Planning and managing procurement exercises including advertised tenders and framework competitions
- Analysis and decision making requiring financial / commercial awareness, within a procurement environment
- Providing advice to (internal) clients in a variety of communication methods
- Giving professional advice on the application of procurement policy and regulations
- Delivering procurements within wider projects/programmes
- CIPS - Level 5
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Strong IT, literacy and numeracy skills including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Excellent level of communication skills - verbal and written
- Competent in the use of IT including Microsoft packages or equivalent
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Supply Chain, Purchasing, Procurement, Contract Management
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details
- Commercial Awareness
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'