Pertemps Public Sector client require a Procurement Assistant to join them on a fixed term contract for 18 months.
This position will be based in the East end of Glasgow. Salary will be £22,886 per annum. Hours of work will be standard business hours, Monday to Friday.
The purpose of this role will be to assist in providing a professional service across a range of category areas (goods, services, and works). Supporting the Category Manager’s in the delivery of the procurement improvement plan to ensure procurement delivers Best Value through the implementation of best practice across the service.
- Assist the Procurement Specialists and Officer in the support and delivery of the procurement improvement plan and the preparation of reports to management in relation to the allocated portfolio
- Analyse and evaluate relevant information and present in the most appropriate format
- Identify progress against milestones and highlight any current or anticipated obstacles that threaten the success against these milestones
- Support the delivery of the KPI’s by ensuring that spend, contract and supplier information is available as required in an appropriate format.
- Liaise with staff and external organisations to ensure that information is received in a timely format and that any documentation issued is in accordance with company guidelines
- Develop communication links with internal and external customers
- Record work being undertaken within the Category Activity Tracker including the capture of any savings achieved and detailing evidence for submission of savings
- Implement strategies, policies and procedures relating to the procurement of assigned non-contracted goods and services
- Proven experience of effective performance providing support to an organisation’s management team with an understanding of office processes and procedures
- Computer literate on Microsoft packages specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Work to timescales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to update and maintain records systems, including databases
- Ability to interpret guidelines
If you meet the criteria listed above then please apply now
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'