Reports to: Buyer
NOTE: In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Assist in all procurement duties for the Company
- Assist to facilitate all contracts/tender submissions
- Maintain all records of contract awards and action any related queries regarding to the contracts.
The job role is a full-time position
The successful candidate will be joining a fast-growing sales and marketing organisation that focuses its resources towards achieving significant sales growth whilst at the same times delivering high levels of service to its customers.
Reporting directly to the Buyer you will need to demonstrate:
An ability to work under your own initiative, be well organised and have effective communication skills
Brief description of the job responsibilities
- Assist the Operations Manager and Buyer in the preparation for all Tender submissions
- Assist in preparation of costing in preparation of Tender submissions
- Assist in the management of contract awards for the duration of the framework agreement.
- Assist in all sourcing exercises to develop and maintain a competitive supply base in line with multi supplier sourcing strategy.
- Assist in negotiating with suppliers to optimise cost, quality and delivery
- Assist in liaising with service providers for procurement and delivery services.
- Assist in managing supply chain cost within UK
- Assist in purchasing requirements for office and warehouse use; including Stationery; Warehouse equipment, Printing etc.; including purchasing for all associated companies.
- Assist with utility contracts and Management of Utilities costs
- Assist with the management of supplier contracts/NDA/T&C
- Co-ordinate receipt of products from our suppliers.
- Check that all incoming goods are correct with respect to quantity against PO
- Assist in the management of B2B customers and their requirements.
- Has minimum of 1 year experience of working in a procurement Job role
- Has GCSE grade C or higher (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- The ability to develop and implement plans to deliver set objectives
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and manage relationships internally and externally
- Ability to assess qualitative and quantitative information to support and contribute to decision making
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage projects efficiently
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Well organised
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent people skills
- Attention to Detail
- Commercially Astute
- Results Orientated
- An understanding of Strategic Sourcing Methodology
- Experience of working on an accounting/Stock Control package, an advantage
- Some Experience in contract management and contract negotiation
- Experience in purchasing finished products as well as raw materials and packaging a definite advantage.
- Experience with imports and dealing with freight forwarding procedures
- Understanding of the National Health Service supply chain or health care industry
- Experience in the working in a medical field
Full training will be given to the right candidate.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"