Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Procurement officer to join a large Public Sector organisation based in Newcastle City Centre. The role will encompass Procurement Activities, Administration and Relationship Management.
- Administering the end to end procurement process for Professional Services, Consultancy and Interim requirements across a range of Clients
- Shortlisting and researching suppliers
- Issuing contractual documentation to suppliers
- Utilising internal procurement systems to manage procurement activity
- Assisting with the production of management information
- Supporting clients with project related queries
- Organise and manage correspondence with clients in terms of arranging meetings, ensuring that relevant persons are present and preparing any required material.
- Produce written materials needed to assist various aspects of a given project, e.g. writing reports, creating templates, summarising documents, producing records and notes from meetings, creating action logs, presentations and data tables
- Provide analytical and administrative support where necessary across the business in areas such as system administration and supplier enrolment.
- Consistently communicate and facilitate engagement with clients and other stakeholders to ensure that information is shared, utilised and documented effectively
- Demonstrate a good understanding of client objectives, project outcomes and deliverables
- Report into relevant personnel, keeping them informed of progress against strategies, actions and project plans
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure an excellent level of customer service
- Treat all information as confidential and adhere to the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity and ensure that this is integrated into all activity
- Undertake any other tasks which are commensurate with the level and responsibilities of the post
- MinImum of one years' experience of working within the Procurement and/or Recruitment Sectors
- Experience of working in an environment with clients who have a high level of expectations of the products and services they invest in
- Willingness to develop professional qualifications
- Educated to degree level or with a qualification within a relevant discipline.
- Experience of working within the Public Sector
- Broad understanding of the working of a local authority department, health authority or a voluntary organisation
If this position is of interest, please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job