Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Procurement officer to join a large Public Sector organisation based in Newcastle City Centre. The role will encompass Procurement Activities, Administration and Relationship Management.
- Administering the end to end procurement process for Professional Services, Consultancy and Interim requirements across a range of Clients
- Shortlisting and researching suppliers
- Issuing contractual documentation to suppliers
- Utilising internal procurement systems to manage procurement activity
- Assisting with the production of management information
- Supporting clients with project related queries
- Organise and manage correspondence with clients in terms of arranging meetings, ensuring that relevant persons are present and preparing any required material.
- Produce written materials needed to assist various aspects of a given project, e.g. writing reports, creating templates, summarising documents, producing records and notes from meetings, creating action logs, presentations and data tables
- Provide analytical and administrative support where necessary across the business in areas such as system administration and supplier enrolment.
- Consistently communicate and facilitate engagement with clients and other stakeholders to ensure that information is shared, utilised and documented effectively
- Demonstrate a good understanding of client objectives, project outcomes and deliverables
- Report into relevant personnel, keeping them informed of progress against strategies, actions and project plans
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure an excellent level of customer service
- Treat all information as confidential and adhere to the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity and ensure that this is integrated into all activity
- Undertake any other tasks which are commensurate with the level and responsibilities of the post
- MinImum of one years' experience of working within the Procurement and/or Recruitment Sectors
- Experience of working in an environment with clients who have a high level of expectations of the products and services they invest in
- Willingness to develop professional qualifications
- Educated to degree level or with a qualification within a relevant discipline.
- Experience of working within the Public Sector
- Broad understanding of the working of a local authority department, health authority or a voluntary organisation
If this position is of interest, please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.