The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for expediting and administering all systems and processes to support the wider Purchasing and Procurement department in delivering cost effective solutions.
Our client is an international business currently experiencing significant growth. They have a positive and people-oriented culture with an established Purchasing and Procurement function focused on delivery cost effective solutions. They are now seeking a Procurement Assistant to join the team based in Dartford, Kent.
The Procurement Assistant will expedite and administer all systems and processes to support the wider Purchasing and Procurement department.
- Liaise with suppliers, obtaining and assisting in negotiation
- Process manual orders for both direct and indirect materials and services
- Expedite order receipts and update order acknowledgment reports
- Maintain supplier performance reports
- Investigate any invoice queries where applicable
- Set up and maintain data files within SAP
- Maintain the Procurement email inbox
- Provide support and cover for the Purchasing and Procurement department as necessary
A confident individual able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise work load and work well under pressure
- Initiative and problem solving capabilities