Procurement Assistant Category Manager
Closing Date: 31/08/2021
Birmingham 2022 are recruiting for a Procurement Assistant Category Manager to join a team of Procurement experts leading high profile contracts for a Global sporting event. Supporting the Procurement Category Managers and Business Partners, you will be supporting the delivery of key category procurement processes and assisting with ongoing contract management support. This is a hands-on role and encompasses the full spectrum of tender and contract management activities. If you are looking for a challenging new role covering multiple areas, a wide mix of stakeholders and with a legacy impact that will last long after your delivery then this is the role for you! This is a once in a life time opportunity to be part of a huge event in Birmingham.
Our stakeholder management is a critical area of the role and the softer skillsets of building relationships, supporting their journey to market and providing strong procurement project delivery support is essential. The role incumbent will have a strong background in public sector procurement and excellent commercial acumen.
- Manage a portfolio of procurements in the games procurement environment to meet time, budget, quality and resource parameters in accordance with good professional practices, legislative requirements, Organising Committee policies and procedures, OJEU thresholds and public purchasing regulations.
- To undertake the planning and management of sub OJEU procurements in accordance with the Organising Committee's policies and procedures.
- To support the Procurement Business Partner and Category Managers in delivery of OJEU level procurements in accordance with the Organising Committee's policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate ownership and delivery of their allocated procurement workplan.
- To ensure all procurements allocated meet time, budget, quality and resource parameters in accordance with good professional practices, legislative requirements, Organising Committee policies and procedures, OJEU thresholds and Public purchasing regulations to provide advice and assistance to internal stakeholders on routine/lower value procurements.
- Effective and appropriate management of key stakeholders and key operational staff to meet project outcomes and changing organisational needs relevant to the nominated Divisions.
- Maintain accurate and timely records that support any ad hoc reporting requirements.
- To provide specialist support to the Procurement Functional Area.
- Provide cover for the P2P provision when required in compliance with Organising Committee policies and regulations. Including support with the Contracts Register and Supplier set-up process.
- To ensure awarded procurements are followed through to completion onto the Dynamics P2P system for draw down.
Please see the job description for a full breakdown of the position responsibilities.
Skills & Experience Required
- Extensive public sector procurement experience, with evidence of delivery of end-to-end OJEU/sub-OJEU procurements
- Demonstrate resilience and time management with the ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Use of e-tendering software in end to end tendering
- Experience in facilitating procurement outcomes to improve value for money propositions and support our legacy objectives in relation to social value and sustainability.
- Preparation of contractual documents for external/ public review
- Contract management experience across a variety of contracting methods including fixed price, cost plus, schedule of rates, panel of providers
- Advanced skills in MS office applications, contract management systems, P2P awareness, E-tender software
Start Date: ASAP
Location: One Brindley Place, Birmingham (fulltime office-based)
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have achieved the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'