Are you interested in Finance, Procurement or Business Administration? Are you wondering what to do next? Where do you go now? Deciding on a career path can be daunting for a lot of people, but luckily Experian offer an apprenticeship scheme to help you along the way!
We're currently looking for an apprentice Buyer to join our Global Procurement Team based in Nottingham.
Experian are a leading global information services company, and our Procurement team play a big part in making sure we have great relationships with our suppliers by managing market research, negotiations, supplier contracts and much more. This is a great role for someone looking to develop a career with a global organisation.
You'll be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the Global Procurement team across the complete end-to-end Procurement lifecycle, including supporting Procurement projects and continuous improvement programmes
- Developing a full understanding of Procurement tools and techniques
- Contracts and Contract management - you will learn contract formats and requirements, as well as supporting the Procurement team in the development of contracts for projects and larger scale contracts
- Market research
- Implementing learning outcomes to support the Procurement team with reporting and database management
- Data analysis - you will learn how to read and analyse data, its use in developing a business case and how data can assist Procurement
- Category Management - designing, developing and managing a category strategy
- Developing commercial awareness by learning about pricing and cost models that influence business decisions, as well as understanding the concept of Best Value
- Assist with the management of the internal contracts database, pulling reports and advising the team on upcoming events
This is with the longer term view for you to lead procurement projects.
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we'll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
Our diverse workforce is part of the reason for our success. We want everyone to succeed, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, experience, physical ability, age or thinking style. Our talent strategy reflects our commitment to searching the globe for the very best candidates so that we can innovate and deliver the needs of our increasingly diverse clients and consumers. Our progressive policies, such as flexible working hours, ensure that our employees can flourish no matter what their individual circumstance.
So what are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who wants to develop a career in Procurement. This role comes with a great progression route and the opportunity to study for multiple qualifications, so we're looking for someone with passion and interest in the area.
We're also looking for the following:
- A levels at grades CCC or above (or equivalent)
- A self-starter who can work quickly and have a flexible approach
- Confident and inquisitive - don't be afraid to ask questions!
- Analytical skills - an ability to analyse numerical and non-numerical data
- Reporting skills - experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word to analyse and prepare reports
- Good communication skills - ability to engage and hold conversations with people of all levels
Do you think this could be the scheme for you? If so, apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'