SF Group are recruiting for a Procurement & Supply Chain Manager to join our client based in North Derbyshire. The company has been going for over 20 years, in the manufacturing industry.
Our client is recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement and Supply Chain Manager to join the Operational Department reporting to the Operations Manager.
This role requires a competent and experienced leader with proven skills sourcing materials, goods, services and vendor management. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement and supply chain activities across multiple categories of spend, identify new suppliers and source product.
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and the confidence to build new relationships quickly including working with existing suppliers and subcontractors
What will you be doing?
- Effectively managing key suppliers and subcontractors
- Managing a team of buyers and warehouse staff - Team of 5
- Monitor KPI's for your team
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine suitability
- Oversee the preparation of purchase orders and requisition requests ensuing that relevant systems and processes are followed
- Ensure purchase orders are compliant with company policies and procedures
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries whilst achieving the best possible prices for the business.
- Developing, leading and executing purchasing and subcontracting strategies
- Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Liaison with Finance/Sales Team
- The ability to rapidly resolve any issues in the supply chain to ensure the production plan can be achieved
- Minimising stock waste whilst driving down overall stock value and managing purchase price variances
You will have:
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate to influence business direction
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts, make informed decisions, and handle sensitive information in a professional manner
- Educated to Degree level
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Experience in a similar role
This is a permanent position paying between £35,000 - £40,000.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"