The Procurement and Contracts Manager will be responsible for the procurement and management of contracts, service level agreements and grant agreements let on behalf of GPSLEP.
The post holder will be responsible for administering the full grant process closely working with Project Champions. This will be delivered either on behalf of GBSLEP directly in the form of service level agreements or grant agreements or through the instruction of the legal team of the accountable body (Birmingham City Council) in relation to public sector funding.
This role administers GBSLEP’s portfolio of grants to organisations to promote the economic prosperity of its geographic area and is responsible for overseeing funding ranging from a few hundred thousand pounds to over £150m.
The Procurement and Contracts Manager provides advice and support on procurement matters such as seeking tenders for work, evaluating tenders and awarding contracts.
The appointee will have previous experience and knowledge and understanding of public sector rules and regulations and provide the legal expertise to be able to determine appropriate actions and documentation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Managing a portfolio of contracts, principally grant agreements and service level agreements with third parties at various stages (including renewal), ensuring they are promptly executed after instruction. This will include Deed of Variations in response to project change requests.
- Working alongside colleagues particularly with Project Champions and Policy Officers
- Provide training to members of staff on the legislative regime and controls around grants
- Provide support and advice to the LEP executive in managing identified areas of non-compliance by grant recipients, including instructing legal support
- Negotiating contracts and contract terms with third parties
- Responsible for the end to end contracts and procurement process and the continuous improvement of these areas
- liaising with and managing internal and external stakeholders
- Integrating contract and procurement activities into other LEP systems and procedures as necessary
- Responsible for the production of Tender Documentation and Contracts, including the management of bringing together Procurement Specifications
- Ensure compliance with National and GBSLEP Assurance Frameworks in Grant Arrangements
- Ensure that success criteria and milestones are in line with what has been agreed at key Governance meetings and conform to any Value for Money criteria laid down by Central Government
- Maintain records of Grant recipients
- Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the organisational structures of partner organisations and local authorities to ensure that appropriate approval is undertaken at an appropriate and thus enforceable level.
- Conduct high level due diligence and appropriate background checks on anticipated recipients of grant funds including financial viability
A full job description can be found online on the recruitment page of our website.
When applying please provide your CV, covering letter and current salary. Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 10th July 2020.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'