Job Title: Procurement Analyst
Job Type: Full-time; Fixed term contract - 6 months
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Benefits: 20 days' holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension
Atalian Servest's Procurement team are seeking an ambitious and commercially minded individual to join us on a fixed term 6 month contract to; provide analytical support in terms of spend categorisation, internal and external market analysis, support the Head of Food Procurement and Procurement Specialists in Pre-Contract and Post-Contract data collation and analysis requirements.
Atalian Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
Our company is growing quickly, and that's where you come in!
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with a natural eye for detail, to work with our stakeholders to collate and analyse internal data, and business requirements for commercial negotiations. The successful candidate will work with stakeholders to collate and analyse internal data and business needs for commercial negotiations, work with the supply base and use external data sources to collate and analyse external market data required for commercial negotiations. Communication is key within this role, to build strong and productive working relationships, ensuring that Atalian Servest is the customer of choice in terms of the supply base.
- Consult with stakeholders that input into procurement and supply decisions to achieve the value for money outcomes in the work of procurement and supply
- Analyse the competitive forces and trends that influence markets that the organisation, its suppliers and customers operate in
- Use external sources of information including business intelligence, historical pricing, market intelligence and social media to provide an external analysis report on categories of spend within the catering sector.
- Use internal sources of information including spend data and internal customer requirements/expertise to provide an internal analysis report on categories of spend within the catering sector.
- Evaluate historical and forecasted data on categories of spend
- Monitor pricing arrangements in commercial agreements to ensure effective price and cost management
- Contribute to the completion of documentation used to form commercial agreements
- Evaluate submitted quotations or tenders on the basis of objective criteria using any agreed weightings and scoring process
- Evaluate the financial, commercial and technical capabilities of potential suppliers
- Analyse key ratios that indicate profitability, liquidity, gearing and investment in order to evaluate the suitability of potential suppliers
- Evaluate potential suppliers' prequalification or pre contract assessments using scoring and make recommendations based on the assessments
- Analyse data to report savings achieved for purchased goods or services
- Analyse data showing forecasts for actual expenditures and examine variances between forecasted and actual.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and personal qualities:
- Food and beverage spend category experience essential
- Strong communication skills
- Data collation and analysis skills - detail driven
- An investigative nature
- Ability to carry out internal and external analysis on products/services and suppliers
- Customer focused - both internal and external, working in partnership with stakeholders to harness their expertise and understand the business and customer needs
- Computer literate - Skilled in using MS Excel to modify, analyse and display data
- Experience of the catering industry, preferably within an FM organisation
- Experience as a procurement analyst/specialist/senior buyer is essential
Based just on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds, you will be welcomed by a driven, dynamic and motivated team. The Procurement team operate during the hours of Monday to Friday, 09:00am - 17:30pm, however flexibility to meet the needs of the business is essential.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to
To find out more please visit us on
Atalian Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'