Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Procurement Adviser.
Reporting to the Subcontracts and Procurement Manager, the post holder will be authorised to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals, and serve as a primary interface with internal customers and suppliers.
- Sources, negotiates and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organisation.
- Compile and analyse statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Monitors performance of suppliers.
- Evaluate areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions. Negotiates with suppliers and analyses suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Review proposals, negotiate prices, select or recommend suppliers, analyse trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Support assigned programmes with areas of their procurements needs.
Undertake Source Selection:
- Issue and analyse Request for Quotes (RFQ's).
- Vetting of responses.
- Assist with or make sourcing recommendations as appropriate and identify risks.
- Finalise and place Purchase Orders in accordance with the acquisition procedures.
- Participate and lead as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation.
- Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limits and in a timely manner.
- Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity.
- Negotiate non-standard agreements with support as appropriate.
- Provide support and assistance to lead as appropriate.
- Will assume additional responsibility as directed.
Education & Experience:
- Work with teammates and Suppliers to ensure that we jointly deliver project requirements on time and within budget.
- Strong in working with procurement policies and procedures.
- Flexible and self-motivated in achieving results with the ability to perform and relate the role to the context and objectives of the business.
- Plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve tight deadlines.
- Develop strong positive relationships.
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Draft and negotiate standard/template procurement terms and confidentiality agreements.
- Able to demonstrate computer competency and able to work within various software systems to maintain or extract information relevant to the role.
To be considered for this position please apply below.