To assist the Procurement Team in providing efficient and effective administrative support to manage the procurement process for a range of goods and services.
The role will encompass the following:
• Efficient processing of purchase orders and effective sourcing of supplies/services to meet specified requirements;
• Update and maintenance of administrative systems and processes which enable managers to monitor and analyse spend patterns and formulate procurement plans;
• Provision of general guidance and information to staff and suppliers concerning procurement policies and procedures to improve compliance and expedite transactions;
• Tracking and resolution of discrepancies identified in the Purchase 2 Pay process to ensure supplier invoices match delivery notifications and costs are allocated to the appropriate category and business service areas
• Liaise with requisitioners to check requirements and answer queries on Purchase orders, confirming order placement or procurement arrangements made, as appropriate;
• Work with Finance Assistants to resolve any queries arising through the Purchase 2 Pay process and making amendments to Purchase orders within limits of authority;
• Respond to communications from existing or potential Suppliers and provide them with clear information about the companies procurement policies and procedures to enable them to submit tenders/deliver services which meet specified demands;
• Provide support to the Procurement teams in conducting basic market research to identify potential suppliers of specific goods and services which meet client needs
• Assist in the maintenance of the companies procurement database (PRISM Oracle software system) ensuring accurate recording of all process actions and the integrity of key information held;
• Assist with the provision of standard reports and system interrogation to compile data for monthly management information reporting and to support on-going review and rationalisation of category management;
• Provide administrative support on quotation exercises, issuing notices, preparing documents and collating responses as directed by Assistant Category & Contract Managers;
• Ensure the timely dispatch of Purchase Orders and associated contract documentation to Suppliers;
• Respond to queries from the Accounts Payable team regarding reconciliation of purchase orders with supplier statements and invoices, processing any amendments as necessary to enable invoices to be paid within target deadlines;
• Identify and work with others to resolve on-going issues, referring any problems which cannot be immediately addressed or require escalation
• Undertake other administrative duties e.g. opening and distribution of incoming mail, filing, photocopying which are deemed appropriate within the context of the role and which facilitate the achievement of wider team objectives.
If you feel you have the skill and experience, then please apply online or call firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'