Procurement Administrator Merseyside UK
Airtec Filtration Ltd are seeking someone with purchasing and stores experience within an engineering company to work across the two teams of Procurement and Stores.
This is an exciting opportunity with a wide scope, which we hope the candidate will make their own and bring their own skills and knowledge.
We see this as an entry position, allowing the right candidate to grow with us and move into other roles as the company continues to grow.
As Procurement Administrator, you will work with Procurement Manager to ensure a constant supply of parts and materials are available for our In-House production teams and our day-to-day customer orders. Whilst reducing potential risks within the supply chain and ensuring compliance with ISO 9001.
As Procurement Administrator you will work as liaison between the Stores Team and Sales Team to assist with the smooth functioning of the department, with correct parts being placed on order and delivered in to meet the lead times.
The main area where you will take a lead role in is the accurate information to be provided to customers and also our internal teams. Strong IT skills are therefore essential as we work with partners around the world majority of correspondence is via Email/Conf. Calls. The candidate should show excellent problem-solving skills and take a hands-on approach to the further development of our systems in place and if improvements can be made we expect the candidate to put forward these solutions where necessary.
· Procuring goods and services from new and existing customers/suppliers
· Negotiating best price, and terms with suppliers.
· Monitor supplier issues and consider solutions to any issues which might arise.
· Liaise and collaborate with other departments to ensure lead times are met.
· Provide ideas for process improvements
· Provide holiday / sickness cover for the Procurement Manager
· Provide help for stores including booking in, stock identification, stock counting, scanning of delivery notes etc. during holiday cover.
·Adding new parts to the systems.
· Provide holiday / sickness cover for the Stores Manager
· Experience of working in procurement and stores in an engineering environment is preferred.
· Excellent communication skills with all levels of responsibility within the company, suppliers and customers
· Strong IT skills, preferably with some experience on stock control.
· Willingness to learn how all aspects of our business works and offer suggestions on how we can continuously improve,
· Competitive Salary
· Onsite parking
· Opportunity to develop role and progress within a rapidly growing company.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Video Conferencing
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'