Procure to Pay Team Member UK
Starting with a single train journey from Leicester to Loughborough in 1841, we’ve grown into a travel company that’s constantly thinking about new and innovative ways to take you places: not just on holiday, but in your career too.
Whether you dream of working abroad or want to help create the next marketing campaign, there’s a range of roles across our retail stores, head office, Thomas Cook Airlines and far beyond. From Product Managers to pilots, there’s one thing we all have in common: keeping the customer at our heart.
With a team of over 22,000 colleagues, operating across 15 countries, the opportunities are endless, whether you’ve worked in travel before or are looking to start a new adventure today.
Job purpose: Working within the Shared Services team the Accounts Payable team member shall perform Accounts Payable transaction processing responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with defined Thomas Cook operating procedures.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Review, check validity (including Tax treatment) and completeness and process Accounts Payable invoices / credit notes ready for processing
- Return exceptions (e.g. unmatched invoices) suppliers and business users
- Maintain record of all returned invoices / credit notes
- Enter coding , tax treatment and reconciliation details as appropriate
- Reconciliation of Vendor statements, handling vendor queries (emails and calls)
- Update Vendor Master Data
- Payment proposal preparation, review and exception handling, Month-end activities – clear down, write offs, write backs etc.
- Analysis of price variance, exceptions and aged creditors
- Ensure all valid documents (invoices, claims etc) are accurately input into system
- Resolve rejected items, sending to business for resolution
- Provide electronic notification of payment to vendor (e.g. remittance advice / tax invoices)
- Follow-up and resolve payment issues / queries, stopping payments where appropriate
- Produce reconciliations of supplier statements to ledgers and to sub ledgers
- Generate standard reports as defined within AP process and ad hoc, as required by Team Leaders / Managers
- Respond promptly to queries from TC employees / external suppliers, ensuring queries are logged and escalated as appropriate
- Collect, sort and follow-up payment reminders received from suppliers
· Achieve performance objectives agreed with assigned Team Leader
· Perform other duties as required within AP area as agreed with assigned Team Leader
· Contribute to Accounts Payable process improvement initiatives as required
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and oral with ability to work effectively at all levels and with adherence to Thomas Cook values
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment but also capable of working on your own initiative with the ability to ensure compliance with detailed requirements
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders
- Conscientious and methodical approach to work
- Evidence and aptitude of problem solving including the ability to gather and analyse facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions
- Experience of working within Accounts Payable process, or other core financial process, within complex, large volume environment
- Experience of working in a shared services environment
- Working knowledge of SAP, Coupa and Payments Systems
- Experience of working within the travel industry
- Strong English language skills are preferred for the role
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Working knowledge of most Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint)
- Finance background, including good understanding of finance systems
- Educated to at least GCSE standard, 5 C or above passes
Key performance indicators :
- Delivers Accounts Payable reports timely and according with the business needs
- Contributes to the Accounts Payable team to continually improve operations
- Ability to give and receive feedback from key stakeholders
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'