Our dairy farm client is looking to recruit a Milk Processing Operator for their site in Grassington, Skipton. The business currently produces & distributes milk, along with other associated dairy products, throughout Yorkshire and the surrounding area.
This role which will involve working as part of a team, is to ensure smooth operation of the day to day running of our pasteurisation plants whilst complying with strict processing protocol and procedures. The successful applicant must have a meticulous, self-motivated, thorough work ethos & the position will have an extensive in-house training program included. The role is very hands on and includes:
- To effectively operate the day to day processing of Milks & Creams.
- Complete CIP cleans on all equipment in line with current work instructions.
- Record processing information on reference / record sheets as in line with current work instructions.
- Complete product testing as a reference only for milk & creams.
- Complete titration on detergent strengths as required.
- The safe operation of all equipment and facilities.
- Maintaining the Hygiene Rules throughout the factory.
- On the job training of new staff.
- Report any problems / issues with staff or equipment immediately to your manager.
- Collect and store in lab fridge all reference samples for external testing.
- Ensure standards/specifications are adhered to relating to products and procedures.
- Positive release batches of product for packing.
- Ensure HACCP system is adhered to.
- Ensure Control file is adhered to.
- You must ensure you have the relevant training to undertake all your duties or tasks if not inform your Manager.