Process Technologist/ Chemical Engineer, Refinery
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: Competitive DOE
Additional: Parking onsite, free canteen, company bonus, 10/15% pension, flexible benefits
Our Client, a global refinery business are recruiting for an experienced Process Technologist to work at their impressive site in Ellesmere Port.
The process technologist will within their area of responsibility provide timely, fit for purpose technical assurance and advice to the site and business functions, collaborating with them to support and achieve a sustainably safe, reliable, profitable and growing enterprise. Working closely with both the operations team and discipline engineers, the process technologist will proactively identify and deal with day to day unit optimisation and issues, as well as longer term improvements covering HSE, reliability, profitability and growth within the unit and across the site's value chain linking feedstock purchasing through to product quality.
The role of process technologist is part of the Technology team , a team of ~45 Chemical Engineers at the Manufacturing Complex.
This role reports to a Technology Team Leader who in turn reports to the Technology Manager. This role has no direct reports, however for more experienced team members there are opportunities to support and mentor graduates and summer Interns
Key interfaces for this role include the other Engineering Assurance disciplines; the Production Unit / Asset Team personnel, Procurement & Supplier Management Team, The Site HSSE support team, Projects Department and Marketing.
Day to day:
- Regularly and rigorously monitor, assess and report units' short through to long term performance (including catalysts) using the suite of tools
- Identify and escalate accordingly process related threats to production and safety such that timely and cost-effective responses can be implemented
- Complete month end data including validation of data for legislative reporting purposes
- Support unit operating teams in delivering production plans through
- Optimisation & Troubleshooting
- Accurate basic data for the Refinery Planning Tool
- Input to training
- Reactive investigation
- Provision, review and challenge of LP constraints
- Timely and fit for purpose technical guidance
- Definition of operating limits
- Technical development and approval of changes (using the site Management Of Change process) including records updates.
- Capital projects support
- Identify opportunities
- Develop and support commissioning of small / medium sized projects
- Provide input to larger / more technically complex projects
- Initiate, develop, lead technical studies to improve the unit's performance
- Provide technical input to the procurement process including catalysts
- Support the preparation and execution of turnarounds, in particular; Process scope definition and optimisation.
- Threat identification and investigation
- Equipment inspections and summary reports
- Documentation - is the site owner for the unit's; Technical Proactive Monitoring Document, P&IDs; Area Classification Drawings; Plot plans; COMAH process description and major accident hazards section, COMAH flow schemes; Energy Performance Tracking models; Process Safeguarding Memoranda; Process Alarm Manager (variable table information); Design data and Process Guides.
- Mentor and support colleagues, including counter signing MOC documentation where appropriate
- Provide process safety assurance, advice and expertise, leading and participating in risk assessment programmes for site and progressing resulting actions.
- Support the site in achieving Goal Zero safety performance by participating in initiatives as per schedule; for example PSFOs, safe visits, safety standstills, look out.
Support the site in complying with legislation such as COMAH; REACH; PPC; EUETS etc.
Core team member for key site processes with specific responsibilities (as outlined in specific process documentation) within these such as:
- Risk Based Inspection
- Standard Operating Procedure Development
- Ensure Safe Production
- Product quality / customers - understand key specifications and the potential impact on finished product quality within and downstream of unit such that can support internal and external customers.
- Will hold an MEng in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Will have worked in a similar position on a COMAH site (ideally refinery)
- Be an effective communicator and used to communicating with various stakeholders
- Experience in REACH, COMAH regulations and conformance
- Experience working in a Chemical Production plant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'