In this role, you have the opportunity to be a part of a world class manufacturing site, working as an injection mould setter/process technician.
You are responsible for;
- Conduct Daily Value Stream Machine Safety checks, Process Checks, and Moisture Checks
- Conduct TPM Activities in accordance with each specific Equipment Schedule, this will include the training of TPM activities to relevant Team members
- Carry out first line maintenance activities, assessing breakdowns and escalate issues when necessary.
- Ensure processes are always running to the correct setting sheet and escalate as appropriate if found outside of these conditions.
- Carry out in a safe and efficient manner, process setting activities which include Mould changes, Mould setting, Colour changes, Foil changes and Material changes.
- Assist in conducting trials when required.
- Liaise with the Tool room regarding tooling related issues before taking action.
- Identify and eliminate process and engineering issues that contain elements of waste
- Coaching and training operators in TPM deployment
- Data capture for process capability study (spc etc)
- Participate in Standard Work and 6S Activities across Site
- Participate in value stream problem board meetings, including GEMBAH
You are a part of a team of process technicians, reporting into the lead process technician.
Two positions are available;
Weekends (Fri-Sun / Sat-Mon) (06:00-18:00 and 18:00-06:00)
Weekdays (Mon-Fri) across 3 Shifts (06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00 / 22:00-06:00)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience;
- Experience in (Thermoset) Silicone injection moulding an advantage
- Experience in (Thermoplastic) Injection Moulding an advantage
- Previous Technical experience would be an advantage
- Previous Experience of Material Handling and conveying systems an advantage
- Previous experience of Material Drying systems
- Experience within an established, process orientated manufacturing environment
- Experience of Ancillary Equipment including Conveying systems, Reject Chutes, TCU’s
- Experience of Mould changes , Mould setting and Colour changes
- Experience of Robotics, Handling Devices and Sprue Separators :-
o Including Hahn/Geiger - Sepro - Arburg - Engel - Staubli
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Experience of Process Optimisation using Pro-Op or SIM Workbook Principles or similar
- Problem solving using demonstrated Tools such as 5W+1H, or similar
In return, we offer you
We believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Philips are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By 'minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application which demonstrates that you meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting the qualifications, skills or experience defined as required. Philips is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to enable your participation in the interview process, please advise us of this in your application.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips pageon our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply on-line - Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly. Unfortunately we are not able to respond to you and cannot accept speculative CV’s as way of introduction.
- Injection Molding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"