Process Scientist (Water Quality) £cup to 32k
South East AB/J3447
A Process scientist is urgently required join the Water Quality Team, a good knowledge of drinking water supply, storage and treatment are required for this role.
As process scientist you will join the process science team who are responsible for monitoring and optimising drinking water quality. The team provide advice and assistance to Production and Engineering on optimisation of existing assets to improve water quality and to improve the efficiency of treatment processes.
- To monitor and optimise the operation of the Treatment Works to ensure that the quality of drinking water supplied by the Water Company continues to meet all internal and statutory requirements;
- Where appropriate, work closely with the relevant departments regarding the optimisation and improvement of the drinking water treatment processes, including Asset, Engineering and Operations
- To undertake detailed investigations into causes of compliance failures and incidents (WTW and reservoirs) and produce reports and recommendations regarding investigations
- Compile regulatory reports on a monthly failures and event reports
- Undertake internal quality audits as necessary to ensure that Treatment Works processes, procedures and practices are appropriate with respect to maintenance of Water Quality; produce detailed reports and recommendations regarding audits.
- Generation and monitoring of operational sampling programme (raw, process, and treated);
- To provide standby cover for emergencies and out of hours scientific service to the Water Company; (Duty Scientist).
- Scientist with a degree in a relevant science
- Good knowledge of water chemistry and biology
- Good knowledge of water supply, storage and treatment and water quality issues,
- Experience in technical roles related to water quality/treatment science/engineering
- Analytical and interpretation skills relating to water quality data and investigations
- An understanding of water regulations and water hygiene would be advantageous
- Strong IT skills and proven report writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Clean driving licence
- preferably with Key Accounts an environmental OR CRO based setting
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson, job ref AB/J3447 on
- Drinking Water
- Water Quality
- Water Systems