Process Scientist - Anaerobic Digestion / Bioenergy
A career opportunity for an ambitious Process Scientist (Biological / Chemical Sampling) has arisen with an Anaerobic Digestion specialist in North Lincs. The Process Scientist will have overall responsibility for the day to day biological and compliance monitoring and analysis of a 75,000 tpa AD plant. They will site lead for all aspects of on-site sampling, testing and biosecurity.
This growing company's principle aim is to be the leading owner/operator of biogas and biomethane to grid plants in the UK. Biogas represents the only naturally storable, transportable, base-load renewable energy source currently commercially available in the world. The Process Scientist will take biological and chemical samples of feedstock, digestate and site runoff at key points in the anaerobic digestion process. They will test the samples in the on-site laboratory, manage and interpret the resulting data and provide feedback on how to optimise the anaerobic digestion process, gas production and biosecurity measures. The Process Scientist will also liaise with representatives from the Environment Agency and the Plant and Animal Health Agency during site inspections.
This is a chance to join a growing company offering an attractive financial package and excellent career development opportunities.
To be considered for the role of Process Scientist (Anaerobic Digestion/Bioenergy) you will need the following:
- Undergraduate Degree (MSc / BSc) in Environmental Biology/ Environmental Science/ Waste Management or HND in a biological/chemical based subject area.
- Experience of taking and testing chemical or biological samples either on a waste or industrial process site.
- Excellent health and safety awareness including DSEAR, ATEX, confined spaces and working at height.
- Excellent knowledge of ABPR.
- A positive attitude with proven problem-solving, communication and organisational skills
- Excellent data interpretation and management skills.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum of one years' experience working within the waste, wastewater, energy from waste, anaerobic digestion or chemical industries.
- Experience of taking and testing feedstock, digestate and/or site drainage samples.
Desirable (but not essential)
- Working towards WAMITAB Level 4 Medium Risk Operator Competence for Anaerobic Digestion
- Full driving licence.
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Process Scientist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"