Job Title: Process Safety Engineer
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Mabbett, an independent integrated environmental, safety, energy consulting and engineering firm, was established in 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Since then, the firm has grown to employ 60 motivated engineers, scientists and supporting professionals across the U.K. We have regional offices in: Rosyth; Inverness; Liverpool; Dublin; Dundee; Cardiff; and, Belfast.
About the role:
The firm is seeking to recruit a Process Safety Engineer to join our growing team.
Our preferred location for the new engineer is Liverpool, but we will consider an application for any of our U.K. or Ireland offices, or home working. You may be required to work from home on some or all occasions during the pandemic. In this instance you will be provided with IT equipment and software/services require to facilitate your efficient home working. The position will require travel to include occasional overnight stays depending on project requirements.
A positive place to work, Mabbett aims to implement the motto 'See a Difference' in everything we do.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the Process Safety Team within the wider Safety Group and will be involved in all aspects of professional input to process safety consultancy projects. You will be tasked with delivering high quality technical project work on time and in budget.
Wider knowledge of environmental engineering and/or occupational health and safety principles would be beneficial to the role but is not essential. The successful candidate may also be expected to provide marketing and business development support, identifying new clients and opportunities, to support the growth and expansion of the firm.
The successful candidate will work within a supportive and driven team, contributing to client satisfaction, company performance and sales targets.
Some travel is involved for which company pool cars are available and for which a valid driving licence will be required. Occasional travel by air will be required, for which a valid passport and photo ID is required.
Education and Experience:
- Honours or Masters' Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent). Applicants with a post-graduate MSc in Safety & Risk Management or Safety, Risk & Reliability Engineering will also be considered for the role.
- Membership (associate or above) of a related professional institute such as the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) or an equivalent body. Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Professional Process Safety Engineer (PEng) status would be advantageous.
- The successful candidate must possess demonstrable experience in the co-ordination and leadership of DSEAR/ATEX hazardous area classification and risk assessments.
- Full U.K. driving licence and clean driver record.
- The following skills and experience are also desirable:
- A minimum of 1 years prior experience, either in a consulting or engineering capacity, of applying process safety principles within chemical / industrial / high-hazard environments.
- Demonstrable experience in COMAH legislation and associated compliance requirements. Prior experience of the preparation of COMAH safety reports, hazardous substance consent applications, major accident prevention policies and ALARP justifications would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience in the co-ordination and leadership of technical process safety studies to include HAZOP and HAZID studies.
- A broad understanding of current U.K. health, safety and environmental legislation. Prior experience of legislative compliance auditing and reporting would be advantageous.
- Prior experience of functional safety studies (e.g. LOPA, SIL studies) and/or quantitative risk assessment (e.g. occupied building risk assessment) would be advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to manage clients and projects for the firm
- Strong report writing skills and ability to convey complex information in concise technical reports/deliverables
- Self-motivation and high levels of initiative
- Excellent project management, client interfacing and business development skills
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Chemical Engineer, Project Process Safety Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Process Engineer, Health & Safety Engineer, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Risk Management, Chemical Process Safety Engineer, Safety Engineer will also be considered for this role.
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Risk Management
- Process Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Health & Safety Engineer
- Project Process Safety Engineer
- Chemical Process Safety Engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'