We are looking for an experienced Process and Product Development Engineer to join our London office.
- Work with the leadership team to conceive, design and develop improvements to our products and manufacturing processes through initial concept design, engineering analysis, prototyping, risk assessment and evaluation.
- Design, develop and prototype new products and manufacturing processes in accordance with Callaly’s Product Development Process (PDP) requirements to meet functional, clinical, customer and manufacturing requirements.
- Maintain a strong and current understanding of relevant new product development and manufacturing technologies and their application to our designs to exceed customer, company and project needs.
- Evaluate and document the feasibility, reliability and risk of concepts and prototypes through engineering testing and analysis in order to demonstrate that product performance, manufacturing, safety and cost are consistent with Callaly customer, regulatory and product requirements.
- Develop timelines and cost estimates for development tasks and appraise management of performance against plan to maintain compliance to project schedule.
- Work and collaborate with our suppliers and communicate specifications, development schedules and progression tracking in order to obtain components, supplies or equipment to support prototype or product procurement and assembly.
- Analyse and act on feedback from customers to continually develop and enhance our product offering.
- Own the value stream capacity model which includes current and future capacity of all product lines
- serving as an input to supply chain planning
- Manage cross-functional teams including technical and non-technical members to achieve project aims
- and objectives
- Be the technical owner of highly complex fully automated processes with the responsibility to ensure that
- the processes meet the relevant KPIs
- Ensure all technical documents relating to production equipment are up to date
- Responsible for creating and owning process PFMEA, Procedures, Training Materials and Risk Assessments
- Lead focussed improvement activities targeted to eliminate waste and improve efficiency
- Have a degree in Mechanical Engineering with very high attention to detail
- Ideally, 3+ years experience in process development, product development and engineering within the
- FMCG or Medical Device industry
- Have experience working in a lean, customer-focused high volume manufacturing business focused on
- achieving targets across safety, quality, cost, delivery and people.
- Have experience working with a wide range of suppliers and contractors for introduction of new processes and improvement of current processes.
- The ability to stay highly organised and communicate clearly
- Be a curious self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Be adaptable and work well in a constantly changing environment
- Be highly driven and ambitious while working well as part of a team
- Be sociable with a great sense of humour (we take our work seriously but not ourselves)
- Have a comprehensive experience in conducting commissioning of new processes ensuring all the criteria and performance metrics have been met as outlined in the user requirement specification
- Have experience in converting customer requirements into detailed user requirement specifications and validation master plans.
- An opportunity to be part of an early-stage femcare startup that’s making a global impact from the UK
- A collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options, 28 days holiday and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Profit with purpose: We are the UK’s first certified B Corporation in Femcare
- Free MacBook Pro
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'