The Process Operator works in an industrial environment operate plant machinery safely and efficiently to manufacture our products in line with standard operating procedures. The team rotate across tasks to process and manufacture peptones for our products. The process involves mixing the raw materials to form a base, then pressing to remove any liquid, and then turning the materials back into a powder form.
Division Specific Information:
The Microbiology Division provides products for diagnosing disease and detecting bacterial contamination. Our products are used around the world and can help medical professionals to determine the best antibiotic treatment plan for a patient.
What will you do?
- You will set up batches by physically moving, checking and adding materials where required;
- You will undertake process checks to ensure product quality levels;
- Completing all batch related documentation, you will ensure a suitable level of handover to oncoming shifts;
- Working with your team, you will ensure that production targets are met in line with quality and efficiency standards;
- You will ensure that all work is carried out safely and that all near misses, incidents and accidents are reported and escalated.
Who we are looking for: experience, skills & abilities
- A good communicator, you are able to build rapport with your colleagues in order to work in a positive and collaborative manner;
- With good attention to detail, you approach situations with a meticulous eye on safety, quality and procedures;
- You have excellent problem solving skills and are able to use your initiative to find solutions;
- You are a motivated individual with a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer;
- Competitive salary with a 25% shift allowance;
- Private healthcare cover;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Range of flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, gymflex amongst others;
- Discount shopping scheme.
Please note this role requires weekly rotating shifts (6.00-14.00 or 14.00-22.00) on a Saturday to Wednesday pattern.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best - professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'