Bulk fuels client with terminals across the UK
Location: Portsmouth or Plymouth
Salary: c£50,000 + benefits package, which includes generous leave and flexible working arrangements
12 month fixed term contract, with possibility of extension
You will assist the Lead Process Engineer in developing narratives and back-up calculations for items pertaining to product tank farm facilities.
You will have responsibility for providing guidance to appointed Sub-Contractors, reviewing the Contractor process technical output, undertaking process design reviews and providing feasibility / concept assistance for delivery of the capital projects. This could include, developing process engineering packages for engineering design changes in the tank farm, participating in HSE/HAZOP/ALARP/MOC and other compliance review for tank farm facilities.
Responsibilities may also include debottlenecking activities and maintenance engineering activities for the operational sites, including troubleshooting units associated with the tank farm and the Jetty. Overseeing professional contract engineers or consultant companies, who conduct engineering activities on behalf of OPA.
- Support the Lead Process Engineer to successfully delivery Process Engineering activities.
- Plan and manage the programme of works for Process tasks associated with Capital Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation.
- Develop process engineering scopes of work.
- Identify and develop required process standards.
- Producing process designs and calculations.
- Coordinate process design activities carried out by others.
- Travel to the Oil Fuel Depots and Contractor site visits.
- Review contractor budgets and forecasts for work.
- Liaise with other members of the Engineering Team on company standards & codes.
- Identify and select suppliers in line with relevant legislation and Agency procedures.
- Experienced in designs for sites under COMAH, MOC, and CDM regulations.
- Manage documentation/data/records within document management systems.
- Apply the MOC process for the life cycle of the project.
- To work at the contractor offices as the client interface, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. Ideally chartered
- Strong knowledge of fuel tank farm design and safe working practices.
- Have a general understanding of all engineering disciplines.
- Process design parameter development including:
- Design and process for piping, storage tanks, Jetty Operations and Filtration.
- Design concept, criteria, equipment specifications, code interpretations, equipment design, developing industry specific calculations, and selections.
- Able to demonstrate people relationship skills, in particular project team, Operations team and Contractor relationships.
- Able to attend and contribute as the client in Risk assessments (HAZOP's, LOPA's, etc)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Solid understanding of COMAH regulated tank farm design and able to act as an "intelligent client"
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop new ideas and solutions and have an awareness of current and new emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to COMAH, DSEAR and Pressure Relief
- General understanding of ANSI and NFPA.
Please apply to Alan Steer
- process engineer chemical comah
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'