We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, for the position of Process Engineer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company where you will have a chance to develop your skills and be rewarded for your efforts. Our client is the world’s largest commercial manufacturer of cellulose diacetate films, utilizing specialized casting technology in their production processes allowing them to produce an extensive range of acetate films in a variety of gauges.
The ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing background and will ideally have knowledge of winding, slitting operations and associated technology. They will also hold a relevant chemical engineering or other suitably disciplined engineering degree
The Process Engineer role is a key member of the site management team and is responsible for process optimisation. The purpose of this role is to improve product quality and process efficiencies, by application of new technology where appropriate.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide manufacturing support to the Operations team including working with Team Captains, Technical Experts and Operators daily in the field
- Support the manufacturing operation from a technical viewpoint
- To identify opportunities for process optimisation and prioritise them
- Develop plans to implement process improvement, raising justified capital expenditure vouchers where applicable
- Write plant and equipment specifications including P&ID's
- Lead process and quality investigations and Root Cause Analysis using lean tools
- Review documentation and conduct safety reviews to support critical activities
- Lead and implement HAZOPS, SIL Assessments etc
- Assist in new product development and introduction by identification of appropriate process equipment
- Collaborate with members of the Technical Team to ensure successful introduction of new products to the plant
- Support Technical and Commercial colleagues with customer visits/trials/RCAs when required
Key Skills and Abilities
- A chemical or process engineering graduate with extensive practical experience in the Chemical industry or a film manufacturing process
- Experience of lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- A good understanding of Health and Safety when operating on a manufacturing plant with a requirement to achieve NEBOSH certification
- Possess a proactive approach with good problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate effectively across a range of business disciplines
- A self-starter with the motivation and drive to achieve results
- Organisation and time management skills to manage projects within tight time scales
- A process and quality driven approach with high attention to detail
- Passion and enthusiasm to drive improvements and work part of a wider team to achieve key objectives
In return, our client offers a competitive salary (circa £50k depending on experience) 37.5 hours per week, based in Derby, excellent benefits package and free parking!
Please apply with cover letter and CV, suitable candidates will receive a response within 7 days.
- Process Engineering
- Chemical Industry
- Production Processes
- Quality Driven
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'