gap personnel are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer based near Ilminster, Somerset.
The annual salary is £37,000-£40,000pa and the benefits package is very desirable and free parking is available onsite.
You will be supporting the development of new and existing manufacturing processes and supporting documentation, equipment and procedures. Documenting manufacturing methods, tooling and fixture needs and process sheets. Working as a member of a multifunctional team within a New Product Introduction environment.
Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
Or Working Experience matching expectations of role
Role responsibilities include:
- AO/PO request for quotation feasibility studies.
- The generation/updating of new/existing manufacturing documentation and equipment requirements for product manufacture.
- Development and deployment of processes, fixtures and tooling required for assembly tasks
- Proactively identify improvements and apply change management.
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support Lead and/or support technicians and trainee engineers.
- Deployment of best practice concerning process yields, process takt times and process profitability.
- Working within the NPI process and undertaking tasks as assigned within project RASIC.
- Present project risks and solutions early within the product life cycle so allowing the business opportunity to respond
- Conduct / support Design Reviews at key product development stages
- Conjoined deployments will require the co working with the value streams to reduce waste and cost on mature products
- Support Customer Service in their communications with external customers
- Develop key networks with internal departments, customers, suppliers and other third party service providers
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions
- Support Business system deployments such as lean , CI, NPI cost reduction programs within value stream
- Support the Obsolescence process for both products and processes, with a clear understanding of Single point failure and its mitigation
The performance measures are:
On time delivery, cost and quality expectations of projects within your responsibility
Delivery of solutions meeting legislative and operating quality systems
Personal attributes we are looking for:
Experiences of working within teams within a NPI environment
Proven problem solving Skills
Flexible approach to working to meet project deadlines
Proven capability to learn and implement new skills and processes.
Attention to detail and understanding of the business environment
Ability / robustness to self-prioritise work packages within a dynamic agile NPI Environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Control Plan development
PFMEA Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Awareness of glass machining and polishing, thin film coating, machining of metals, painting, powder coating, plating and conversion coating, latest manufacturing philosophies
Strong organisational skills
Experience of lean manufacturing and six sigma (DMAIC)
This is a full time position Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Processes
- Six Sigma
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'