At Philips, we are undergoing an exciting transformation globally from a consumer and healthcare business into a leader in the Health & Technology space. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our business, based onsite at our Tangmere office in Chichester.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the continuous improvement process within warehouse, distribution and postponement operations
You are responsible for
- Developing, implementing and trending process metrics to continuously monitor and improve
- Support and execute process validation protocols and help to generate reports with Postponement Project Manager
- Work with International Operations Lean Champion to deploy 5 Phase Lean Implementation and lead Kaizen events.
- Maintain Quality and Regulatory Compliance by following assigned procedures, maintaining quality records and signing all training records in a timely manner.
- Support Practical Problem Solving by utilizing PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) and 8 Step Problem Solving Methods, documenting using A3 template
- Identify areas of improvements within warehouse and Postponement processes and layouts
- Support investigation and implementation of countermeasures to any efficiency, quality, or safety concern utilizing 3C forms
- Help to develop and support implementation of new Lean Tools into the warehouse including 6S, Quick and Easy Kaizen, and other tools identified with International Operations Lean Champion
You are a part of a wider team of 5, reporting into the Warehouse and Distribution manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Significant experience within industrial engineering, with a focus on supply chain or manufacturing
- Experience of using LEAN or Six Sigma principles to implement and drive process improvement
- Project management skills
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry; i.e. defence, medical devices, pharmaceutical etc.
In return, we offer you
We believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Philips are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By 'minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application which demonstrates that you meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting the qualifications, skills or experience defined as required. Philips is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to enable your participation in the interview process, please advise us of this in your application.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philipson our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply on-line - Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly. Unfortunately we are not able to respond to you and cannot accept speculative CV’s as way of introduction.
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean Management
- Medical Devices
- Process Design
- Lean Processes