As the sites Process Engineer your purpose will be to understand, optimise and continuously improve engineering and production processes, executing required improvement plans in conjunction with local plant management teams.
Based in the Newcastle upon Tyne area you will be reporting in to the Process Systems Manager.
My client are a global leader in their field of manufacturing. The role has come on as they expand their business and are implementing a new process strategy that you as the Process Engineer will help bed in, develop and manage.
Based in a commutable area of Newcastle upon Tyne this is an exciting opportunity to join a well regarding engineering firm in the North East.
- With the site Operations Manager you will design and develop a CI strategy
- Subsequently as the Process Engineer you will lead the delivery of the CI plan, driving the execution of a variety of improvement projects to fulfil the site's strategic objectives
- Critical to the operation you wil lead the site's workload modelling process, with the overall aim of eliminating waste from key processes and developing new ways of working
- Coach and facilitate teams to identify and implement improvement opportunities, promoting best practice and knowledge sharing amongst employees
- Lead the on-going learning and development of all employees in lean improvement tools and communication methods - in particular; FMEA, DMAIC, Kaizan, waste reduction
- To contribute to projects and deliver against set KPIs, developing the process framework strategy and build process measurements where possible
- Degree Educated (Preferred) HND (Minimum)
- Workload Modelling experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Can evidence CI and Lean experience
- Confident in both hands on and office elements of the role
- Experienced Process Engineer who has lead teams and projects with a proven track record of notable achievements
- continuous improvement lean CI quality process engineer manager industrial