We are working with a global manufacturer of fibre optic components to find them a Process Engineer for their Haverhill production facility.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for implementing and developing manufacturing processes for both new and current products, controlling issues such as:
- Reaching target yields
- Ensuring that processes can meet capacity requirements
- Conduct time and motion surveys
- Produce operation flowcharts, quality plans, and failure mode and effect analysis
- Generating controlled documentation of implemented processes
There will also be involvement in supporting the manufacturing lines, which may include:
- New product introduction
- Reviewing manufacturing line layouts to improve efficiency
- First article inspection of new assemblies and samples
- Sourcing, introducing and maintaining new equipment
- Troubleshooting equipment failures and liaising with manufacturers
- Developing software in Labview
Using Lean manufacturing and 5S techniques you will carry out root cause analysis and apply corrective actions. You will also oversee the quality on the production floor and ensure work is within ISO 9001:2015 guidelines. You will also ensure that work is conducted to company health & safety standards.
Some training can be given on basic optical fibre, problem solving and analysis, continuous improvement, customer satisfaction, advanced quality and ISO 9001:2015.
Ideally we would like someone with an engineering qualification or an apprentice-trained engineer.
Experience in fibre optic processing will be a big advantage, the current Production Manager is not from the industry and it took a little while to pick up the knowledge. You will have operated in a manufacturing support role and will be able to read and understand technical drawings. You will have strong quality and health and safety awareness, and a good sound knowledge of IT systems, particularly Microsoft Office.
The facility is based in Haverhill.