• Multiple process skills related to the design, development and manufacture of Automotive Products and assemblies.
• Supporting the Product Engineering and Commercial team with Interior Products from clay concept through to mass production with a specific process bias.
• Identifying alternative product design/development to support competitive tendering for new automotive projects, commercial advantage and/or adaption to support existing capital equipment.
• Be part of a very pro-active centrally based secondary process team that will work together to deliver a best in class process solution.
• Generate process flows and identify and populate equipment/tooling, Bill of tools needs for accurate and detailed business case costing.
• Identify known technologies and push new processes for best in class manufacturing practices.
• Develop secondary equipment and tooling with suppliers.
• Develop and continually improve process specifications and statement of work documentation.
• Optimisation and management of processes through VB, HTFB builds.
• Manage suppliers for complex high value secondary equipment.
• Aptitude to investigate, asses and report in a clear manor, (to detail feasibility, costing, risks, financial implications, alternatives, SWOT with clear recommendations)
• Support plant with layouts, process flows, manning, cycle times etc.
• To successfully 'handover’ and support, with training, both TT and PP build.
• Develop validation techniques for process. Develop PFMEA documentation and support control plans, SOI’s.
• Support existing plant programs, process problem solving, troubleshooting and optimisation.
• Support/Lead established and new processes with a data driven approach.
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate experience and appreciation of various secondary downstream processes
• Interior lamination processes
• Appreciation of various cover-stock materials used for interior trim
• Appreciation of trim development methods
• Can manage material and process trials
In-depth knowledge of:
• Various adhesives, Material compatibility, Surface treatments (plastics)
• Understanding of process validation requirements
• Downstream automation
• Lean (appreciation, not necessarily a practitioner)
• Clear understanding and able to apply DFMEA/PFMEA logic to identify and manage risk/feasibility.
• Adopting a team mentality approach.
• Travel within UK, Mainland EU and potentially Asia, South America and North America to support sourcing for UK based projects, IAC global activity, benchmarking and customers with global platforms.
• Support/ Lead established and new processes with a data driven approach.
• A clear approach to understanding practical problems.