BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to 'helping all people live healthy lives’.
A Process Engineer, a specialist in Moulding, is required to lead and provide technical support for the specification, purchase, installation and qualification of Plastic Injection Mould tools and equipment. Projects will include new products, capacity expansion and process development on pilot and industrial mould tools and equipment.
As Process Engineer (Moulding), you will also be responsible to provide support for fault finding and process improvements on existing mould tools and equipment as well as exploring new technologies for plastic injection moulding and process technologies.
As Process Engineer (Moulding), you will;
- Identify and implement process improvements (efficiency, quality, cost effectiveness).
- Manage project activities in accordance to project schedule and budget while working in collaboration with Cross-Functional teams
- Ensure all documentation, activities, equipment and facilities comply with site cGMP, Health, Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
The successful Process Engineer (Moulding) will have an intimate knowledge of mould tools and processes in order to support development. You will also have;
- Plastic injection moulding technologies, mould tool designs and process development knowledge and experience.
- Problem analysis, fault finding on injection mould tools and equipment.
- Design of Experiment for plastic injection moulding process development.
- Project management skills (MS Project) , structured and controlled working practices with clear and accurate documentation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Risk analysis / FMEA, Statistical analysis / SPC system, Six Sigma methodologies.
- Good level of hands on engineering experience in plastic injection moulding within a medium to high volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of polymers and injection mould tool designs.
You will be educated to a Degree / HND level in engineering, preferably Mechanical, Polymer science or similar disciplines.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button and you will be taken to BD’s website where you can apply directly.
- Medical Devices
- Process Improvement
- Polymer Science
- plastic injection moulding