Salary: Circa 27-32k;
Responsible to: Development and Scale Up Lead.
We are looking for someone that holds a science degree in biological science or biochemistry and a higher qualification (PhD or MSc) is desirable. They should have a demonstrable interest and past experience in Downstream process innovations, development and scale-up.
Equally important requirements are a conscientious approach to work, precise attention to detail and good communication skills. The post-holder will be part of a small flexible team reporting to the Downstream Process Innovation Lead or Development and Scale up Lead.
You will provide a scientific and technical specialism in the area of Downstream Processing to projects involved in the development of processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products.
The post holder will be knowledgeable in the area of Quality by Design/Design of Experiments, protein purification, process development, scale-up and validation. They will be required to work in multi-disciplinary teams, leading as required to deliver key objectives.
They will contribute to the generation of experimental designs, presentation of work to internal and external customers and the preparation of scientific publications, technical reports and project proposals.
The post holder will contribute to process validation and manufacture problem solving activities and will play a key role in the technology transfer activities relating to the development and/or manufacture of biopharmaceutical products internally or between collaborators/customers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Be accountable to the Downstream Innovation Lead/Development and Scale-up Lead for the day to day operations of the Downstream Development areas.
2. Provide scientific and technical specialism in the area of Quality by Design, Design of Experiments, protein purification, process development and scale-up to projects involved in the development of processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products.
3. Maintain awareness of cGMP requirements and apply that understanding to the development of processes for new biopharmaceutical products.
4. Actively seek out innovations through collaborations within and outside the organisation as necessary to benefit the project and/or department.
5. Play a key role in the technology transfer of information relating to the development and/or manufacture of biopharmaceutical products internally or between collaborators/customers.
BSc in biological sciences/ biochemistry/ biotechnology/bio-medical sciences
PhD/MSc in a biochemical/biotechnological discipline
Several years relevant laboratory experience with practical knowledge of Quality by Design, Design of Experiments, protein purification, development, scale-up, protein characterization and analytical methods.
Experience of working within a commercial scientific environment and understanding of GMP and other regulatory requirements
BIOCHEMICAL / BIOTECHNOLOGY / BIOTECHNOLOGIST / BIOCHEMISTRY / QC / QA / GMP / BIOPHARM / BIOPHARMACEUTICAL / MANUFACTURING / PROCESS DEVELOPMENT / DOWNSTREAM / UP STREAM / VALIDATION / PURIFICATION / PROTEIN / PROTEIN CHARACTERISATION / QUALITY CONTROL / QUALITY ASSURANCE / GMP / GXP / MICROBIOLOGY / MICROBIOLOGIST / SCIENTIST / SCIENTIFIC / DRUG / PHARMA / PHARMACEUTICAL / BIOTECH / BIOTECHNOLOG / QC / BIOPHARM / BIOPHARMACEUTICAL / BIOLOGICAL / BIOCHEMICAL / CLINICAL / TECHNICAL / OFFICER / EXECUTIVE / WILTSHIRE / SW ENGLAND / SOUTH WEST / UK / UNITED KINGDOM / QC SCIENTIST / QC CONTROL / QC ANALYST / QC CHEMIST / CHEMISTRY / BIOCHEMISTRY / BIOCHEMIST / UK / UNITED KINGSOM / SOUTH / SW / SOUTH WEST / BRISTOL / OXFORD / WILTSHIRE / OXFORDSHIRE / HAMPSHIRE / BASINGSTOKE / SURREY / BERKSHIRE / READING / MAIDENHEAD / M3 / M4 / MIDDLESEX / MSD / MERCK / HOUNSLOW / LONDON / SOUTHAMPTON / SOMERSET / DEVON / SOUTH WEST ENGLAND
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job