Our client is looking for a dynamic Process Development Engineer to join their plant based in Liverpool. The ideal candidate will have excellent hands-on skills from the Automotive industry, with a can-do attitude and be willing to work as part of multidisciplinary teams.
The company is a cutting edge car parts manufacturer with large growth plans, meaning this is an excellent time to join this ambitious company, its growth is phenomenal and the candidate must want to be part of an organisation that is aiming to be a major, world class Tier 1 manufacturer within the next five years.
This role is responsible for development of new processes to meet product specifications. It has responsibility for research, development, specification, testing and validation of new manufacturing processes that allow the successful delivery of specified product. Processes will be delivered following the AIAG APQP methodology.
- Design and development of new production processes to meet product specifications
- Develop, document and maintain process specifications for new processes
- Specification of new process equipment to meet process specification
- Train manufacturing team in new processes to allow manufacturing documentation to be created.
- Write and manage process validation to establish acceptable capability using relevant capability studies.
- Sign off and handover of new processes to manufacturing team.
- Support quality team in resolving process or product NCR’s
- Assist the quality team in resolving product or process NCR’s
- A good bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering subject.
- Automotive, manufacturing experience essential.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Logical thinker
- Ability to plan own work and deliver against deadlines
- Takes initiative
- Excellent communicator across all levels of the business.
- Proficient in Microsoft products a must - Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Proficient in Minitab software.
Salary dependant on experience £28-37k
25 days holiday
Monday - Friday 8am till 5pm (some flexibility given)
- Automotive Parts
- Process Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job