You will provide support to the Process Controller in ensuring the overall operation of the Water Treatment Works (24/7). You will ensure you are working as part of a team to perform a range of assigned activities including operation, testing, routine checks, first-line maintenance and problem solving to ensure that services are delivered to time, cost and quality standards.
The role is part of a 6 person shift team who work on a 12-hour shift pattern.
- Assisting the Process Controller to ensure the continuous operation of the plant and equipment
- First-line maintenance which may include the planned and preventative maintenance of equipment to support the operation of the plant, and process fault-finding
- Monitoring, collating and reporting of data to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance is met and the works meet regulatory quality standards and customer demand
- Undertaking safety and security checks.
- Taking responsibility for own health and safety and that of colleagues
- Process monitoring by visual inspection, sample gathering, and on-line monitor checking
- A minimum of GSCE level Maths and English or equivalent
- Completion of NVQ level 2 units, BTEC or equivalent experience in addition to Appointed Persons for HV (electrical work) Technical C&G or HNC desirable
- Must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures including Confined Space Entry
- Experience in a relevant industry and with experience of helping to manage or control the appropriate processes
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software
- Previous experience of SCADA systems would be an advantage
- Valid driving licence
Our competitive salary package includes shift enhancement, an excellent contributory pension, and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'