Are you an experienced Process Chemist looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for an individual just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit a Process Chemist for our team in Glasgow, working 42.5 hours a week.
The Process Chemist role:
To assist with the technical and administrative control, operation and monitoring of the Anaerobic Digestion treatment plant, the Effluent treatment plant, Advanced Conversion Facility and Smart Material Recycling Materials Facility outputs
Process Chemist Responsibilities include:
- Collection of samples from AD, SBR, Water treatment Plant and ACF processes.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the site laboratory.
- Safely and competently carry out monitoring and laboratory analysis.
- Prepare samples, paperwork and transport for external analysis.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly as a member of the team managing the plant.
- Ensuring that all site monitoring and test records are complete and current.
- Ensuring that laboratory stock is maintained and ordered in a timely manner.
- Assist the Team in the prompt response and action to plant issues including out of hours and emergency attendance
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with the Site Permit, Environmental Management System and Site Operational Systems and process monitoring requirements.
- Carry out research on the optimisation of the plant as required, including analysis of potential waste streams to increase gas production and of digestate to improve its handling and marketability.
In return for your hard work as our Process Chemist, we can offer a Competitive salary. You will also receive excellent benefits, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development; working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Process Chemist, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Process Chemist Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"