Due to a restructuring in the Finance and Accounting teams SSCL have an opportunity for a Finance Officer to join the newly formed Reconciliation Control Team. If you have an eye for detail, are good with numbers and want to progress a career in the finance world we want to hear from you!
Job Type: Perm Full Time (M-F/9-5)
Benefits: 25days A/L, 4-5% matched Pension, Life Assurance (4xsal) + additional 3% flex fund to spend on benefits like gym membership, company shares, or even to buy additional annual leave
Who are we?
Established in 2013, SSCL (Shared Services Connected Limited), is a joint venture between Sopra Steria and the Cabinet Office.
We have an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large scale business support solutions including HR, Payroll, Finance, IT, Procurement and Administration for our long list of clients including The Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice, Met Police and the Home Office.
To assist in the provision of transaction processing services to one or a number of clients. To be responsible for defined core administrative, operational and/or technical activities within a section or department. You will provide a range of straightforward, routine services often as part of a team engaged in similar activities. This may involve responding to routine queries, issues or circumstances, and referring any unusual or non routine situations to others.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Support the review of all SSCL performed account reconciliations regularly, for all clients
- Ensure reconciling items are being managed and cleared at the earliest opportunity, and identify issues
- Where required, perform reconciliations to ensure service measures are met
- Identify mechanisms to improve the process of reconciliation preparation including, but not limited to, automation
- Support ongoing training to account reconciliation preparers as required to improve understanding and reduce risks
- Producing and developing MI relating to reconciliations
- Ad hoc work dependent upon needs of the business.
- Previous experience in a financial environment with a desire to progress in a finance related career
- Proficient in the use of Oracle and Microsoft Office, with strong excel skills
- Confident in managing a number of stakeholders and building good working relationships, with strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to resolve more complicated issues and provide advice and guidance
- Numerical ability and aptitude for dealing with large volumes of financial information and data and present in a clear format
- Proven ability to work under pressure in order to achieve deadlines and key performance indicators.
- Financial knowledge or a relevant qualification (AAT or equivalent) would be desirable but not a deal breaker, as long as you have the right attitude and are willing to learn.
The successful candidates will be required to go through security clearance.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'