Role: Contentious Probate Solicitor - PQE 2+
Salary: £35K - £40K - Neg. + Excellent Benefits
In a recent survey 95% of their staff agreed that they are committed to offering excellent client service.
- They provide an extensive range of legal services to Business / personal Clients throughout the South Midlands
- A modern thinking firm, with 19 Partners / 140+ staff across 6 growing locations
- Investing in technology, premises, knowledge, business development and their people
- A Legal 500 recognised firm + recognised by 'the Lawyer' as a chasing 50 law firm
- Actively involved in their surrounding communities and previous Winners of 'Customer Service' award at the Business Excellence Awards
- Developing the careers of its staff both in fee earning and support roles
Our Client has a full time vacancy in their Trusts & Estates Business Unit based at their Northampton Office. Over the years this firm has built up a particularly strong name in contentious probate matters and you will work alongside a partner specialising in this area.
Ideally you will have experience in the following -
- Challenging the validity of wills and lifetime transfers
- Administration actions
- PR and trustees disputes
- Proprietary Estoppel actions
- Claims under the Inheritance(Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Trust Actions
- Court of Protection Disputes
You will deal with an interesting and varied caseload. They are looking for: -
- A minimum of 2 years PQE in the relevant area of law
- Good client care skills & the ability to provide professional and competent legal advice in accordance with SRA Code of conduct
- Strong IT skills
- Effective business development skills with proven marketing strategies
- Capability to generate fees in accordance with agreed targets
- Up-to-date knowledge and skills in compliance with Continuing Professional Development and internal training expectations
- Proven experience of handling own caseload
- Ability to adhere to and manage deadlines
- Good drafting and writing skills, excellent communication and technical ability
Essential skills for this role include accurate presentation of work, attention to detail and excellent time management, a methodical approach to work, a professional, attentive & empathetic telephone manner along with first-rate communication skills as client contact will be considerable.
If you are a member of ACTAPS then this would be an advantage as it will demonstrate your commitment to this area of law.
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
IN APPLYING PROVIDE A PARAGRAPH TO 'SELL YOURSELF’ INTO SUCH A ROLE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job