To provide first class support to the Thames Water Operational Teams. You’ll do this by supporting operational tasks, proactively identifying and instigating action on degrading assets and emerging issues. Another key part of this roles is providing data to assist Operations in managing and maintaining their assets and ultimately preventing pollutions and protecting the environment.
This is an opportunity to use and develop your operational knowledge, data interpretation skills and exceptional customer service skills with our internal customers. You will be at the forefront of the Waste businesses drive to be more proactive in protecting the environment. The great work of this team continues to be highlighted at executive and director level and is helping the companies drive towards Zero Pollutions.
- Proactively monitoring the catchment using new technologies and in-depth analysis to identify deterioration of assets before they fail and getting the right people involved to resolve issues.
- Working together with colleagues in Operations to facilitate resolution of operational issues.
- Using the Alarm Management (SCADA) system to assist with the maintenance of data, identifying issues and chasing the fixes.
- Producing and distributing reports of a high standard to your team and the wider waste business and work with relevant teams to address issues highlighted in these reports.
- Providing support to the Environmental Incident Controllers, Shift Controllers and Managers in coordinating response and the collection of important information.
- The ideal candidate will have the appropriate educational level / qualification e.g. NVQ Level 2 / City & Guilds / GCSE is preferred.
- Good analytical skills are required as well as the ability to communicate findings and actions to other teams.
- You will be organised and methodical and have an understanding of key company operating procedures relevant to your specific role. Waste operational knowledge would be advantageous.
- You will be fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software as well as open to learning and adapting to new systems.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive payment for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'