A new opportunity has become available for a Private Rent Building Surveyor based in SE1 to work with a social housing provider.
Purpose of role:
To ensure that the residents receive a high quality, customer focused responsive repairs service and that the homes and commercial properties are effectively and efficiently maintained to the required standard, with a high emphasis on customer satisfaction.
Key result areas:
- To apply professional and technical knowledge to ensure a high quality, value for money service to all customers and stakeholders.
- To contribute fully and effectively to the resolution of residents’ concerns, complaints and enquiries to ensure effective communication, resolution and customer satisfaction
- To carry out pre-inspections and building surveys to identify defects including preparation of detailed reports, specifications and cost estimates where necessary to ensure the appropriate remedial works are undertaken, to ensure effective and appropriate repair solution ensuring all current and applicable regulations are complied with.
- To undertake post inspections of completed works to ensure quality, compliance with the Schedule of Rates, value for money and statutory compliance. Ensuring compliance with contractual term and driving performance to achieve KPI’s and targets
- To ensure robust and effective project management of maintenance contracts with a strong emphasis on partnering and including monitoring internal and external stakeholders against agreed KPI’s and targets, ensuring works are completed to budget and good quality budget monitoring information is fed back to Line Managers
- To assist the delivery of internal policies, procedures and agreements and look for ways in which to continuously improve the service to achieve value for money and increased resident satisfaction
- To monitor the performance of internal and external stakeholders against agreed KPI’s and targets to ensure works meet the required standard ensuring Value for Money and customer satisfaction is achieved in line with budget constraints at all times
- To follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
- To co-operate with the duty holder as required by Asbestos Regulations 2012’ including complying with the Asbestos Management Plan, reporting incidents, passing on information about the presence of asbestos, attending training, project managing surveys and abatement works
Key performance indicators:
- Maintain strong communication channels with all internal and external customers
- Meet or exceed customer satisfaction as measured through the PI menu.
- Manage service provider to deliver a high quality, responsive service within agreed service standards. Deliver services to time and budget.
- Maintain and apply knowledge, skill, and ability appropriate to represent the best interests of Peabody and its customers.
- Continuously review services to ensure they provide value for money
- Monitor and mitigate financial, Health & Safety, audit recommendations and other risks
- Proven ability to provide a customer focused repairs service and demonstrates commitment to customer service, satisfaction and diversity
- Proven building surveying ability with a good level of construction technology and contract administration knowledge
- Ability to understand, communicate and implement technical solutions to building problems
- Ability to work in partnership with a contractor to deliver repairs solutions and identify service improvement options
- Ability to convey information to others by way of written reports and technical specifications
- Demonstrable experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
- In depth knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and experience of Housing Management/Repairs database
- Full UK Drivers licence and use of vehicle
- Working at heights
- Educated to degree level in Building Studies (or equivalent qualification or experience).
- Building Surveying
- Social Housing
- Private Rent
- Asbestos Survey