My client, a Private Medical Clinic based in Marylebone are looking to hire a Private Medical Secretary to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will be supporting the Diabetes team, therefore an experienced Private Medical Secretary with exposure to supporting a Diabetes team previously is highly desirable.
The opportunity is full time permanent and offers fantastic benefits.
Duties will include:
-Ensure absolute confidentiality of medical information at all times not only in your own work but ensure that it is maintained by locums, temporary staff or anyone else representing the clinic.
- To respond to incoming calls in a timely manner and to pass on messages promptly
- Book appointments for all consultants and to pass on more complex issues to the relevant person or secretary.
-To manage enquiries quickly and effectively, aiming to minimise the time spent with the caller while remaining polite, efficient and mindful of their possible distress.
-To achieve, through discussion with colleagues, ongoing improvement in the quality of telephone service provided.
- Deputise for the administration team roles as required.
- Meet and greet patients and consultants on a face to face basis as required.
- Ensure the consulting room, computer, messages are prepared ahead of a consultants clinic.
- Promote the clinics service at all times to colleagues, consultants and patients.
- Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of the visit and direct them as appropriate
- To help support colleagues as required, including cover for annual leave and sickness or as directed by the Secretary Coordinator.
- Ensure that name details, addresses, email addresses and relevant associated doctors are properly registered so that template letters are correct.
-Make appointments for patients and understand the nature of the appointment requested and have sufficient knowledge of the medical specialties of the clinic to suggest appropriate consultants to the patient where appropriate,
- providing appropriate brochures and information packs.
- Send appropriate letters to patients. Prepare templates for patients seen in the clinic as well as when replies are required to correspondence. Ensure the letters go out word perfect, in good English. Assist in reducing delays in sending out reports or referral letters
- Email, effective communication by email to appropriate parties.
- Effective management of telephone calls. Try and establish the purpose of the call and act as required (the caller may be unwell and require your support).
- Management of insurance claim forms, complete forms accurately and timely.
- Checking medication reconciliations and patient records are up to date at all times.
- Manage the journey of the patient through the clinic to enhance the service the patient receives.
- Interview patients in order to ascertain purpose of visit and direct them as appropriate.
- To arrange any medical tests in house or externally that have been requested by a Consultant and in adherence with London Medical protocols.
- Arrange hospital visits for the patients
If you possess Secretarial/PA experience from the Private Medical Sector and this opportunity appeal to you please submit your CV.
Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels are an Employment Business
Thank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.
If you have not heard after 5 working days then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion.
Office Angels Oxford Circus branch look after roles in the following locations and all areas in between: Oxford Circus, Bond Street, Marble Arch, Marylebone, Mayfair, Baker Street, Edgware Road, Regents Park, St Johns Wood, Primrose Hill
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- medical secretary; diabetes; private medical secretary; secretarial; PA;