Here. You can challenge and be challenged.
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of shaping a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth. We’ve created our own unique culture - one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around a Challenger Leadership style and a Shared Enterprise model.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
Our clients know just how important it is to maximise and protect their personal wealth. However, the UK has some of the most complex tax legislation in the world. Over time, taxes such as income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax can also erode their wealth significantly. Grant Thornton’s Personal Tax Compliance Unit specialises in advising client’s on how to minimise their tax liability and to ensure they are complying with their tax obligations. As the tax system is always changing, the team are skilled in keeping client’s up-to-date on developments and advise on how the changes might affect them. Throughout, they can relax knowing their tax affairs are in safe hands.
- You’ll demonstrate sufficient leadership skills to manage a team responsible for producing tax returns to agreed service standard and be able to work effectively to review their performance and aid their professional development.
- You’ll be technically strong to review and supervise complex work and be able to provide intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both proactively and reactively.
- You’ll be actively involved in department and team meetings driving efficiencies proactively taking responsibility in the wider success of PTCU.
- You’ll develop an internal network and build a detailed understanding of client expectations delivering excellent client service within the team.
- You’ll demonstrate a strong understanding of the full range of the firm’s services to identify new Tax Planning/Advisory opportunities and be able to cross-sell accordingly.
Who we're looking for:
You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and
unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we
do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters
from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to
optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions,
listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You’ll be CTA qualified or equivalent experience.
- You’ll be technically strong, with experience of advising clients on tax-related issues and have sound awareness of risk management issues.
- You’ll have previously managed a team.
- You’ll have a proven track record of leading engagements and an understanding of how to seize new business opportunities.
- Management Experience
- Risk Management
- Advising Clients