About the role
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of the growth journey. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. And with access to a global team that spans more than 120 countries, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking.
About the company and department
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, we’ll help you reach your full potential. You’ll work on an impressive client list - from multinational and growth-focused entrepreneurs to fashion icons and premier league footballers.
About the job
This role would suit someone who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way. Surrounded by talent, this role will genuinely give you an opportunity to drive your continuing professional development.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate would be CTA/CA/ACA qualified, who has experience of working within an Accountancy Practice with a good level of exposure to Personal Tax. They would be able to work well as part of a team and have strong interpersonal skills, which will help communicating with both colleagues and clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be an integral part of a high performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of individuals, partnerships and trusts. Our private clients include high net worth individuals, dynamic entrepreneurs, internationally mobile executives and virtual family offices.
- You will become a key part of the client service team for a variety of clients and therefore you will quickly become a day to day contact for your clients, having regular dialogue with the client’s other key advisers and working with the team to plan the delivery of work to clients.
- You will be expected to and be given the opportunity to build your external network of peers (client and non-client) and to aide this maintain an understanding of the breadth of the firm’s capability and general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- On a day to day basis you will work closely with your colleagues to deliver a high-quality personal tax compliance service to your clients and to address any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC.
- In addition, you will work closely with your colleagues to provide value, adding technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your client’s affairs, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include inheritance tax, capital gains tax, residence & domicile, Shareholder transactions including reorganisations, acquisitions and disposals, Opportunities may also arise for involvement with HMRC enquiries and interventions.
- You will also work closely with colleagues in other departments to support them provide a high-quality service to their clients and to identify tax related risks and opportunities for their clients.
- We have a mindset of ensuring continual improvement in our skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients which you will be expected to embrace as part of your own development and promote by way of providing coaching and guidance to junior members of the team.
- ACA, CA, ATT or CTA qualified
- Work experience within an Accountancy Practice, with exposure to Personal Tax.
- Experience of a client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Proven experience within an Advisory role (in addition to compliance work).
- Experience of a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience of using specialist tax software system.
- Experience in or exposure to Business Development within a Personal Tax context.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
- Client list
- HMRC enquiries
- Tax Software
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'