Overall job purpose
To provide management of a portfolio of clients with complex tax affairs, including high net worth individuals, sole traders and non UK domiciled individuals, ensuring a high level of client service including identifying and advising on tax planning opportunities. To deal with client relationships in an efficient and effective manner and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all aspects.
The role requires experience in the provision of advisory services and the ability to work with senior and junior staff on a range of advisory projects, technical assignments and proposals. The role would also involve some business development.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that the assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out complex aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the firms quality standards.
- To provide a full and personal tax compliance service as required by the circumstances of each client. Correspondence with clients, HM Revenue & Customs and third parties.
- Liaising with clients by phone, post, email and in person.
- First review of personal tax returns, and preparation of more complex aspects of personal tax returns.
- Working with partners/directors on one-off technical assignments for new and existing clients.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff.
- To review work completed by junior staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal interviews.
- To assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPE requirements.
- To record time spent on each client’s affairs using relevant computer software.
- If studying, achieve passes in all exams within the time parameters given.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Involvement in business development activities, attending seminars and networking activities.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner. Personal, professional and behavioural qualities.
The role requires
- CTA qualified or equivalent.
- Graduate with a minimum 2:1 degree preferred.
- As the individual’s portfolio will focus specifically on medical clients, experience in this sector would be advantageous but isn’t a prerequisite as full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Work experience gained in a Personal Tax department within a professional practice environment dealing with high net worth clients in a compliance and advisory role.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Proven experience within an Advisory role (in addition to compliance work).
- Experience of a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
- Experience of using Digita software system is advantageous.
- Experience in or exposure to Business Development within a Personal Tax context.
- Ability to work in a team environment to develops mutually supportive and effective working relationships, and provides cooperation and input whilst informing others of own activities and progress.
- Enthusiastic, reliable and used to working to deadlines.
- Shows initiative, common sense, and has an ability to work under pressure when required.
- Good standard of education, particularly in Maths and English with good verbal and written communication skills.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
- Tax Planning
- Tax Returns
- Personal Tax Planning
- Personal Tax
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'