Taylor Hawkes are currently recruiting a Private Client Tax Assistant Manager for a UK Top 20 firm based in the West End
The firm are a leading UK Chartered Accountancy Practice who are seeking an Assistant Manager to manage a varied tax portfolio dealing with all routine personal tax compliance, preparation of tax returns and advisory work.
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering special and project-based work and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from directors of owner-managed companies to non-domiciled and high net worth individuals. You will have the opportunity to be involved in business development initiatives and working with the team to generate new work.
You should be CTA (or equivalent) qualified with extensive practical tax experience. You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, whilst using your own initiative.
- Preparation, review and submission of self-assessment personal tax returns capital gains tax, inheritance tax and income tax planning
- Residence and domicile tax advice
- Dealing with HMRC matters on behalf of clients
- Providing tax support on discrete advisory projects.
- Helping to manage the department's self-assessment compliance cycle.
- Ensuring that work is organised, allocated and delivered in an efficient and effective way.
- Reviewing tax compliance work produced by more junior members of the team, identifying tax planning opportunities, concerns and areas requiring further consideration.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/CTA)
- Possess at least 3 years tax experience
- Exposure to Tax Advisory and project work
- £40,000 - £50,000 (dependent on experience)
- Working hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Clear progression route
If you would like to discuss the role in further details, then please do not hesitate to contact Liam Hayes at Taylor Hawkes.
- Private Client
- Personal Tax
- Top 20