Our client has several regional offices in Kent and are looking for an experienced legal Secretary to work between 14 and 21 hours per week, preferably spread across five days but with some flexibility. With experience gained from working in either a Private Client or Family role, you will be a competent legal secretary, able to use your initiative in order to fully support the fee earner and other members of the team. You will be IT savvy and a proficient audio typist.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing full secretarial support to the departmental fee earners, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence and documents by audio typing via the digital dictation system;
- Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner;
- Regular consideration of client files and liaising with partner and fee earners on any action required;
- Maintaining and coordinating diaries and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary.
- Working as a member of the secretarial team; answering incoming calls, greeting visitors to Reception on occasion, collection/delivery of daily incoming/outgoing post and DX, and any other general office administrative duties as required.
- Providing cover during holidays and sickness.
- GENERAL OBJECTIVES:
- Compliance with the firm’s accounts and administrative disciplines and procedures. To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
- To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement.
- To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our client service
- To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures
- To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously.
Benefits to You
You will be working with a friendly, welcoming team. Personal development is high on the agenda to support your career aspirations and meet the Firm's business goals.
Benefits depending on the role including:
- 20 - 30 days holiday plus paid bank holidays
- Additional (discretionary) holiday at Christmas
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Social activities
- Perkbox Benefits and Rewards Scheme
- Staff concessions for Conveyancing and Private Client work
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Staff Forum
- CSR activities such as Memory Walk for Alzheimers, McMillan Coffee Morning, Jeans for Genes, Wear it Pink plus our Corporate Charity of the Year etc
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Parking Permits (payroll deduction)
- Administrative Duties
- Private Client